2017 Legislative Policy Agenda
2017 is shaping up to be a critical year for both health care providers and all Alaskans in terms of state policymaking. In the face of these challenges, ASHNHA’s goal is to have a sustainable health care system in the near term and to support the transformation of the health care system over the long term.
Policy Priorities for 2017
- Preserve access to health care and coverage for all Alaskans.
- Maintain hospital and nursing home financial stability by safeguarding fair reimbursement.
- Support innovative care models that work to transform payment and delivery systems.
- Focus on opportunities to combat opioid abuse.
- Address consumer and insurance issues.
- Build and maintain a strong health care workforce.
- Improve behavioral health systems.
- Support collaborative, common-sense approaches to regulating hospitals and nursing homes that help improve quality without adding regulatory burden and/or increasing costs.