2017 Legislative Policy Agenda
2017 is shaping up to be a critical year for both health care providers and all Alaskans in terms of state policymaking. In the face of these challenges, ASHNHA’s goal is to have a sustainable health care system in the near term and to support the transformation of the health care system over the long term. Download ASHNHA’s Policy Agenda for 2017.
Policy Priorities for 2017
- Preserve access to health care and coverage for all Alaskans.
- Maintain hospital and nursing home financial stability by safeguarding fair reimbursement.
- Support innovative care models that work to transform payment and delivery systems.
- Focus on opportunities to combat opioid abuse.
- Address consumer and insurance issues.
- Build and maintain a strong health care workforce.
- Improve behavioral health systems.
- Support collaborative, common-sense approaches to regulating hospitals and nursing homes that help improve quality without adding regulatory burden and/or increasing costs.
Policy Briefing Papers
Impact of the Repeal of the ACA on Alaska
Hospital Payment and Billing
Rural Hospitals at Risk 2017
Hospitals Improving Community Health