Mentoring Candidate Expectations
Mentoring Candidate Expectations:
- Select a relevant, meaningful QI/IP project with measurable outcomes
- Attend full-day training in Anchorage to learn the Model for Improvement
- Attend weekly telephone briefings with mentor for the duration of the 6 month-long program
- Attend bi-weekly round table M4Q group discussion for the duration of the program
- Continuously document your work using the Project Report Template
- Participate in a site visit (funded by ASHNHA)as a host or guest to Mentor/mentee facility
- Prepare project poster for display during the APIC Fall Conference.
- Understand the critical responsibilities of the QI/IP role
- Identify QI/IP reporting obligations
- Use data to identify challenge areas and drive QI/IP within their facilities
- Implement rapid cycle improvement using the PDSA model
- Facilitate multi-disciplinary teams devoted to improve quality outcomes
- Present quality data to leadership in a compelling format
Mentors serve as professional resources, project coaches, and implementation guides. All mentors committed to the Mentors for Quality Program are volunteers with 3 or more years of experience in Quality and Process Improvement.