- NEW! ASHNHA 2016 Annual Report – This report provides an update on ASHNHA’s strategic priorities, while outlining important governance, communication and financial information.
- Provider Tax – Comprehensive overview of provider taxes and considerations for Alaska
- EMTALA Overview – Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Law Overview
- CAHs in Alaska This document provides an overview of Critical Access Hospitals in Alaska.
- Alaska Medicaid DSH Payments The following document gives a brief overview of the way DSH funding is distributed in Alaska through Medicaid, and how changes prompted by passage of the Affordable Care Act are likely to affect Alaskan hospitals.
- Medicare Payment Changes – This summary is intended to support an understanding of existing Medicare provider cuts that Alaska hospitals and nursing homes are facing now and in the future.
- Changes in Medicaid Under the ACA This paper is an overview of some of the Medicaid eligibility system changes under the Affordable Care Act effective January 1, 2014 with a focus on how hospital-based Medicaid eligibility determinations, called “presumptive eligibility” could work for Alaska hospitals.
- Marketplace Subsidies in Alaska 2014 This ASHNHA Policy Brief is a resource for health care leaders that explains the subsidies available to Alaskan families at different income levels, gives examples of insurance policies available through the Alaska Marketplace, and explains how subsidies will be applied to monthly premium and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Alaska Medicaid Expansion Talking points from two studies – Medicaid in Alaska Under the ACA by the Urban Institute and Fiscal and Economic Impacts of Medicaid Expansion in Alaska by Northern Economics.