Health Care is a growing industry in Alaska. The Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development has a set of links and resources specific to health care http://www.jobs.state.ak.us/healthcare.htm) that would be a good place to start. ASHNHA has included a few other more specific links here to guide your research:
- The recruitment sites for ASHNHA members is located on the ASHNHA Member Websites- Recruitment.
- If you are a young adult looking to start a career in Health, review the Alaska Health Career Exploration Site.
- ASHNHA’s page that provides links for Alaska Health Professional Job Listings may be helpful for navigating the extensive medical opportunities available in Alaska.
- The Workforce Development Focus Area of the Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority aims to develop a capable, culturally competent workforce for service providers to support the communities and families of Trust Beneficiaries. They have an extensive compilation of links and resources here. If you are interested in continuing your career in Behavioral Health, there are some additional resources listed on the Behavioral Health Positions in Alaska page.
- Alaska AHEC offers a variety of resources for education and training. Click here for AHEC flyer.