Alaska Perinatal Quality Collaborative
About the AKPQC
The Alaska Perinatal Quality Collaborative (AKPQC) has been established to promote high-quality maternal and newborn care across Alaska. Perinatal Quality Collaboratives exist in most states and are structured and function based on the needs of the population. Alaska has a relatively small population, finite financial resources, great geographical distances, costly transports, unpredictable weather, scarcity of specialized care, high hospital staff turnover, and competing health business entities. This backdrop necessitates strong collaborative efforts to optimize perinatal care.
AKPQC Organizational Structure
AKPQC Mission: To provide the highest level of care to mothers and infants across Alaska by collaborating with hospitals, birthing facilities, providers, and key stakeholders to promote the sharing of best practices and advancement of data-driven initiatives.
- Engage Hospitals/Birthing Facilities in collaborative quality improvement on issues affecting maternal health through participation in the Alliance on Innovation for Maternal Health (AIM) Program
- Engage key stakeholders to explore funding and partnership opportunities to develop a neonatal branch of the AKPQC
- Secure funding to sustain maternal quality improvement efforts and to establish a structure for a neonatal branch of the AKPQC
- Eliminate preventable maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality in Alaska
- Alliance for Innovation on Maternal Health (AIM) Hypertension Initiative
- Substance-Exposed Newborns Initiative (SENI)
- Birth Transfers Initiative
- AKPQC Annual Meetings
- Alaska Maternal and Child Health Data Book 2018: PRAMS Edition
- Pregnancy-Associated Mortality in Alaska – 2020 Update
- Pregnancy-Associated Mortality in Alaska – 2019 Update
- Sign-up to receive emails about the AKPQC
- SMM Toolkit
- SMM Debrief Form
- SMM Review Form (short version)
- SMM Review Form (long version)
The AKPQC Steering Committee meets the second Thursday of every month from 12 pm to 1 pm. All are welcome to attend these meetings.
Email [email protected] for more information.